Rex Porter Summer Camp Scholarship
Rex Porter Summer Camp Scholarship is being given in memory of one of our dear team members, Rex Porter. He was our Public Relations officer. Rex was instrumental in guiding us into becoming a 501 c (3) non-profit in 2014.
Many of his family and friends made a donation to Clap Your Hands in memory of Rex. The board looked into several ways we might be able to use the funds given to us. We wanted to do something that would honor his memory and his dedication to children with disabilities.
We believe the Summer Camp Scholarship is a much needed program in the tri-county area. Many families simply cannot afford to send their child to summer camp due to the extra costs associated with raising a special needs child.
It is our desire to continue providing this scholarship every year.
With Warmest Regards,
Executive Director of Clap Your Hands
Children must meet the following qualifications to be considered for scholarship:
- Ages 5 to 18 years old
- Children must live in Charleston, Berkeley or Dorchester 2 counties
- Child must have a medical/developmental diagnosis as well as an attestation from a physician (attestation may be in the form of a short letter or child’s diagnosis on a prescription /order) Medical attestation must accompany completed application in order to be considered.
- Scholarship is for summer camp or enrichment programs – not childcare
- Checks will be paid directly to the summer camp
- Applications must be postmarked by April 1 for consideration – All applications will be numbered in order of acceptance and a lottery selection will be used by the board of CYH’s.
- Mailing address: Clap Your Hands – P.O. Box 51322 – Summerville, S.C. 29485
- Questions can be submitted to email@example.com
Summer Camp Application
By submitting this application I attest that all information is true and I intend to use funds as agreed and outlined. I also give Clap Your Hands permission to use my child’s FIRST NAME and PHOTO on press, website, media and informational literature.